Blog Moving Announcement!

Hello everyone!

The SMOB's blog has been moved to http://mcsmob.org. Thanks for following!

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Gazette: Student school board member wants more voting rights

http://www.gazette.net/stories/12092009/montnew175705_32555.php

People ask me, why do we need voting rights?

Right now, I'm working on a bill that would allow the student member to make changes to the $2.2 Billion Dollar Operating Budget, Facilities/Boundaries, and the CIP. Why? Because that's the way real change gets done. If students want better teachers, if students want certain programs, if students want better bathrooms - all these things take money. And right now the SMOB can't vote on ANY of it. The SMOB can't enact real change unless they're given the opportunity to do so! I hope that this bill passes and future SMOBs will be a powerful and resounding voice for the students, as the largest stakeholder in the system. I may not bring about changes in my term, but I hope that future SMOBs will use this opportunity that I give them to fight on behalf of the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.